The 39-year-old was consuming “large handfuls” of the painkillers every three hours.
Louise Waller was constantly dealing with agonising stomach pain from what she thought was just haemorrhoids.
However, it was discovered when it was too late that the mum-of-two had another undiagnosed condition.
Out of desperation to even slightly ease the pain, the 39-year-old was consuming an alarming amount of paracetamol every day for four months.
The 39-year-old, from the UK, was taking “large handfuls” of the over-the-counter painkillers every three hours, her partner said at Louise’s inquest on Friday at the Hull Coroner’s Court, in Yorkshire.
Louise was rushed to hospital in September last year after her condition worsened and she developed sepsis from a perforated bowel and the underlying colitis.
Her condition worsened after the overuse of paracetamol and she developed sepsis from a perforated bowel and underlying colitis, which ultimately led to multiple organ failure.
Want to join the family? Sign up to our Kidspot newsletter for more stories like this
The 39-year-old was consuming an alarming amount of paracetamol every day for four months. Source: The Sun
“Unbeknown to her, this was causing her irreparable harm”
Sadly, Louise was ineligible for a liver transplant because she had a history of alcoholism.
She slipped into a coma and her life support was turned off 11 days later.
The court was also told that Louise suffered from a history of depression and anxiety.
Her partner said she had a complicated relationship with her family and was seeing a therapist for help dealing with her mental health issues.
Dr Laslo Karsai conducted a post-mortem and found Louise died from multiple organ failure caused by a paracetamol overdose.
“I do note that she was suffering from very painful medical conditions and she was given medication but was also self-medicating with extreme doses,” he said.
“Unbeknown to her, this was causing her irreparable harm.
“Following the evidence, she died by multi organ failure due to unforeseen