“It could well have been a US-style school situation. It is as serious as it gets.”
A 14-year-old NSW boy has been charged over an alleged plot to murder more than 20 of his classmates.
A search of the boys’ home revealed an improvised explosive device.
According to The Daily Telegraph, on Thursday the Year 9 boy, who can’t be named for legal reasons, was charged with possessing a dangerous / noxious thing with intent to order. The classmates who were allegedly on the boys’ “kill list” have sought personal violence orders against the boy.
He is due to appear at Children’s Court in September.
“As the investigation is ongoing, not further information is available at this time,” a police spokesperson said.
Police search of the boys’ home revealed an explosive device. Photo: Newscorp Australia
Want to join the family? Sign up to our Kidspot newsletter for more stories like this.
Exhibiting extreme “hate”
Last month, the boy’s mother took him to a local hospital for psychological counselling after she allegedly learned her son had written a list of names and a plan to harm his fellow students.
It’s understood that the counsellor reported the boy was exhibiting extreme “hate” and there were serious concerns for the welfare of his classmates. The counsellor’s concerns were reported to police and school authorities.
The boy was taken into custody to undergo a mental health assessment.
A police search of the boys’ home revealed explosive material and The Daily Telegraph understands the boy made practice detonations on his family property.
Police allege the “kill list” consisted of names of classmates aged 14 and 15.
The local school community is reportedly disturbed. Photo: Newscorp Australia
Read about one Aussie teen’s disturbing school massacre diary and the video game that may have “trained” a mass shooter.
“This is as serious as it gets”
A person from the school community called the situation extreme.
“It could well have been a US-style high school situation,” they said, asking to remain anonymous. “It is as serious as it gets… it is quite scary.”
The boy has reportedly been released into his parents’ custody, but his movements are limited under strict bail conditions.