Willow stepmum says she is “helicopter mum” when it came to her “spoiled” children

In text messages sent to friends, the Queensland woman described herself as a doting mother who cared for her kids.

Willow Dunn’s stepmother described herself as a “helicopter mum” when it came to her “spoiled” children, in messages seen by The Courier-Mail.

The Queensland woman told friends that she was a doting mother to her biological children.

“He’s like four inches from my bed, I’m a helicopter mum lol,” she said in a message last year about one of her biological children. 

Meanwhile, in another message she described her child has “spoiled” after getting a new walker last year. 

There is no mention of four-year-old Willow, who was found dead in the Cannon Hill home last Monday. 

Her father Mark Dunn has been charged with murder after it has been alleged that killed Willow on Saturday and was left in her bed.

Willow’s stepmother, told police officers that she didn’t want anything to do with the girl as she wasn’t her biological daughter.


“We didn’t know a little girl lived there”

Police have yet to confirm a cause of death – but The Courier-Mail reported on Tuesday that Willow had horrific sores on her body that exposed her hip bones.

The newspaper also reported that the four-year-old had been starved and left to die.

Disturbingly, neighbours of the Dunn family told the newspaper that they hadn’t known that Willow had lived in the home.

“They’ve been there for that long and we didn’t know a little girl lived there. I can’t believe it,” one neighbour said. 

One friend told The Sunday Mail he attended a gathering at the Cannon Hill  home for a children’s play date but did not see Willow.

“I was there for about 45 minutes to an hour. But everything was seemingly normal. My impression of her was that she was a doting mum and gave her children what they wanted,” he said.


“I’m in trouble, aren’t I?”

Mark Dunn has been charged under new laws in Queensland that categorise a reckless indifference to human life as murder.

When police arrived at his home, the New Zealand-born father allegedly said “I’m in trouble, aren’t I?”

The 43-year-old has been accused of failing to seek medical help in the girl’s death.

He did not appear in Brisbane Magistrates Court on Tuesday and has been remanded in custody to reappear in the same court later in the year.

Dunn will face court again on July 20.


Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *